The state service in charge of visas and immigration is called The Home Office. This is the key organisation making all decisions concerning foreigners entering the country and whether they are permitted to stay. Ukrainians need a visa to enter the UK. There are a number of ways to obtain an entry visa for Ukrainians.
If you have family in Britian (Family Scheme Visa, https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-a-ukraine-family-scheme-visa)
- Current operational data on visa applications under Family Scheme and Sponsorship Scheme: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ukraine-family-scheme-application-data
- Step-by-step video guide on filling in Family Scheme visa application: https://youtu.be/gRJ62D7lScE
You have someone who is willing to be your visa sponsor and give you a place to live for a minimum of 6 months: Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme, https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-a-visa-under-the-ukraine-sponsorship-scheme, here is unauthorised Ukrainian translation).
- Official FAQ page: Homes for Ukraine scheme: frequently asked questions - GOV.UK
- Sponsor guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/homes-for-ukraine-sponsor-guidance
- Guidance for local councils in the UK: Homes for Ukraine: guidance for councils - GOV.UK.
- How to fill in the application: https://youtu.be/1mo7ATrqYHc.
- You need to submit an application for every person coming with you, including small children, and include sponsor information in every application!
- If you are already in the UK on a student, seasonal worker, visitor or other visa you can apply to remain in the UK under the Ukrainian Extension Scheme, more information on that here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-to-stay-in-the-uk-under-the-ukraine-extension-scheme.
Applying for the UK visa is free for Ukrainians at the moment and a notarised translation of your documents is not required for these visa schemes.
The application processing time varies from a few days to a few weeks. Sometimes not all who apply together receive a decision at the same time. If you have been waiting a long time, you can call UK numbers: +44 808 164 8810 or +44 175 390 7510, there is also a paid service number +44 300 790 6268 (have you GWF number, name, passport and birth date of the applicant ready when you make a call).
More information about other types of UK visas can be found here: https://www.immigrationboards.com/.